Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Black Sabbath: Tony Iommi Talks "13"



Paul Cole of Birmingham Mail recently conducted an interview with Tony Iommi. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

On Black Sabbath's new album, "13", and upcoming tour:

Tony Iommi: "The recording and rehearsals have been going very well indeed.
There's a really good feeling about it all."

"We're very pleased with the new album. But after all the work in the studio it will be good to get out and do some shows."

"I have to admit that [the new Black Sabbath album is] not what I expected. I could never have imagined that the album would turn out so well, but it has."

"I think it sits comfortably with our first three albums - 'Black Sabbath','Paranoid' and 'Master Of Reality' - and I think it's one you'll like."

"We wanted it to sound like the way we played in our early days, back to basics, and we recorded pretty much all of it almost live as a band.

"We didn't want to go through the usual trip of recording the drums, the guitars and the vocals separately. So we played together."

"We'd also written more songs than we ever have for previous recording sessions. There are 16 tracks in total, and all of them will appear in some form or other on the album when it is released. There will be different versions, including a deluxe edition."

On his relationship with Ozzy Osbourne:

Tony Iommi: "The truth is that Ozzy and I have never really fallen out personally.
When there have been issues, it has been purely business. Even when there has been a problem we've carried on talking. There's never been a bad vibe. "

"Ozzy was the one who kept on at me to go to the doctors because he was concerned about me, and he has been very supportive since I was diagnosed [with lymphoma]. In fact, all the guys in the band have been great."

"Even now, when we arrive at the studio they ask how I'm feeling, if I'm up to it, making sure that I'm OK."

Read the entire interview from Birmingham Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment