Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Black Sabbath: "13"; Cover Artwork Unveiled; New Audio Snippet Available



Black Sabbath`s new album, "13" will be released on June 11. The drum tracks on the group's first LP with Osbourne since 1978 were laid down by Rage Against The Machine sticksman Brad Wilk following original drummer Bill Ward's decision to bow out of the reunion.

The cover artwork for "13", along with a snippet of a new song from the CD, can be seen in the YouTube clip below.


Osbourne, Iommi and Butler recorded the album primarily in Los Angeles with producer Rick Rubin. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include three seven-plus-minute behemoths "End Of The Beginning", "God Is Dead" and"Epic", as well as a track about killing pedophile priests ("Dear Father") and another about the scourge of methamphetamine addiction ("Methademic"). 

Iommi said about the album, "You can't always repeat what you've done, you've just got to go on. It'll be today's version of how it was 40 years ago, I suppose." 


Ozzy stated, "This Black Sabbath album is quite possibly the most important album of my career," while Butleradded, "We'll probably all be dead soon, so while we still can play and sing, then we've got to do it."

"13" is available for pre-order on a variety of formats via BlackSabbath.com.


Ozzy Osbourne recently said to Australia`s Triple M radio station: "The album is mindblowing, [that's] how good it is. I'm so over the moon about the way the album turned out. We wrote 16 songs … and I put it on my CD player, expecting me to be unhappy with the end result, but this big grin came on my face and my hair on the back on my neck [stood up] … It's better than my wildest dreams; it's so good."

He continued: "People have been quoting me that this album was quite possibly the most important album of my career. What I meant by that is I didn't want it to sound like a follow-up to 'Never Say Die!', 'cause that was when we were dying out within the band."


1 comment:

  1. In the 52 second mark Iommi said "the last time WE were all in the studio...",that's not correct, the last time you had Ozzy,Tony, Gezzer and Bill, this time you have someone missing.

    ReplyDelete