Music, videos, trivia, stories, books, gigs and news. Here you´ll find stuff on the great bands from the 70s and 80s!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Glenn Hughes: Prepares To Deliver Solo Rock; New Solo Album Coming In 2012



Glenn Hughes will record his first solo album since 2007 for release in 2012, describing it as "The image of the Glenn Hughes on the Black Country Communion albums...the same Glenn that was in Deep Purple. The classic rock iconic Glenn that, let's be clear, the majority of the fans want."


Hughes was interviewed for I Heart Guitar Blog. Read the full interview here: iheartguitarblog.com/2011/10/glennhughes.html.

Excerpt: "People are going to read this and go 'Wow!' I'm thinking about doing a solo thing. I haven't really gone public and said it but you asked me the question and I told you I would tell you the truth. I'm really thinking about making a Glenn album early next year. It's been four years since I entered the studio for F.U.N.K, but my hat now has been very much thrown into the rock ring. What I will do, Peter, on the next Glenn album, is portray the image of the Glenn Hughes on the Black Country Communion albums. Because it's the same Glenn that was in Deep Purple, really. The classic rock iconic Glenn that, let's be clear, the majority of the fans want. The F.U.N.K. album was very well recorded and I love the songs, but that's for a cultured audience and a different kind of audience. It's more of a cult audience, if you will. But my audience now with BCC and a lot of my fans are rockers, man, so it's time to rock. So the next album, Peter, will be a rock record."

No comments:

Post a Comment